Friday, February 11, 2011
German parenting mania
For understandable reasons we have been sucked up into the German Parenting Vortex. We are new here in this society, new parents, still a new couple even. I was just listening a beautiful couple of songs from a mix that Phil made me a few years ago. Then my eyes wondered to a poster that Amos made and all of a sudden my former life made sense and I felt connected to it. I was recalling also in those moments the time spent with Alex, Tony, Mark, Melissa, et al while we were home. Feeling good about those memories and feeling right in having them while also knowing my part as a parent of two kids. Somehow the parenting/foreigner anxiety became conflated and made me turn on the old...seeing nothing but flaws, mistakes and missed opportunities in the past. I am thrilled that we are moving into town and hopefully we can bridge the gap even more completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you're the sweetest. we need to chat soon. i have more music for you!
Post a Comment